Friday, July 27, 2007

Our First Day on the Road




Well, here we are in North Platte, Nebraska. First of all, thank you to EVERYONE who has been so thoughtful and helpful as we are making this transition. I think you know how hard this has been for both Chip and myself, yet we are both convinced it is the right thing to do...so thank you for your love and support.
Started out around 7:30 this morning. Highlights: Said goodbye to Park City and the hot air balloons. Stopped in Elk Meadow, WY for a bathroom break...black magic marker sign scrawled over the sink in the restroom... "don't drink the water". Oh, man. Then a killer downpour about an hour west of Cheyenne -- couldn't see a thing. Had lunch in Cheyenne, and then meandered (well not really -- it's pretty much a straight shot...) on to Nebraska. And, here we are at the luxurious Quality Inn -- along with bikers and other unique specimen of mankind. Enjoy the photos...and we'll see you tomorrow! (PS...Bear is behaving famously!)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Guys!
Looks like such a great adventure! I don't have much time because I have tons of studying to do! But just wanted to tell ya I love you guys! Be safe and for goodness sakes have some fun! Thats what life is all about! I would give anything to be on an adventure than in nursing school!
I love you!
Talk to you tonight!
Love
natalie

Sadlers said...

Hi Mona and Chip,

From the looks of it one would think that WY is a beautiful state, but little do they know that is blows. That story about the sink is just classic. I hope you are driving safe. I love you,

Shell